The thoenes® PTFE gasket tapes consist either of 100% multidirectionally expanded PTFE or 100% pure monodirectionally expanded PTFE. Depending on requirements, they are self-adhesive or available in FDA quality (Premium).
- Best adaptation to all surfaces,
- Compensates unevenness of the sealing surfaces very well,
- UV-resistant, no aging,
- Temperature resistance -268 °C to 270 °C,
- Chemical resistance to almost all media,
- Not resistant to dissolved and molten alkali metals as well as elemental fluorine at high temperatures and pressures,
- Non-toxic, biologically inert and physiologically harmless in the recommended fields of application (see data sheet).
Fields of application:
Depending on the application and the nature of the material, the flat sealing tapes can be used in heat exchangers, enamel-coated plants, reactors, GRP pipelines and containers, pharmaceutical and food plants, apparatus engineering, flue gas systems, pumps, ventilation systems, pipe flanges and as container seals.
- Sealing tapes are available in flat, rectangular or round cross-section,
- Round cross section: Ø 1 - 16 mm,
- Flat, rectangular cross section: Bandwidth 3 - 40 mm,
- Material thickness 1.5 - 5 mm,
- Coil length 5, 10, 25, 50 mm.